Thanks to input from the OHBA Awards Committee, we’ve made some changes that we think awards entrants are going to love!
- Two new categories:
- Lobby Entrance
- Innovation Award
- Partner/Group Submissions on certain projects: A Partner/Group submission are completed by two or more builders who share equal representation on the project. All parties must be aware and agree to the combined submission. Only partner submissions that use the same project in all qualifying categories are eligible for project of the year. One trophy will be awarded on the event night including all partner names. Additional trophies are available for purchase post awards.
- Improved user-friendly entry process, including guided questions provided before beginning submissions, and an easy-to-use form to complete questions.
- Streamlined category criteria specs and requirements.
- NEW payment options: AMEX is now accepted along with Visa and Mastercard.
- Entry tips from past first-place AoD winners, only for OHBA AoD subscribers! Subscribe for insider advice!
- New OHBA Instagram account to share and engage in all things #OHBA2019AoD. Stay tuned on contest details to win a pair of tickets to the highly sought-after 2019 Awards of Distinction. Contest details to be released in mid-April. Make sure to follow us on twitter at @OntarioHBA and follow the hashtag #OHBA2019AoD as well as on Instagram in order to get in on this exciting contest!
Mind the Details
With a number of big changes to the categories and entry process this year, it’s very important to take the time to review the criteria and rules to help ensure that your submission is fully eligible to win.
Take the time to review the categories with your team to determine which awards you will enter. Make sure you double-check all the requirements, and your final entry package, because this year, all submissions will be final.
You will be given lots of opportunity to save your work, share your entry for team feedback, and tweak your entry package until it is just right. After it’s submitted, no changes will be permitted!