The extended eligibility window will remain in place. All projects open for sale or completed* between June 2021 – June 2023 in Ontario will be eligible to enter.
*Applicable to renovation, custom projects and sales & marketing categories
Purpose-built rental projects are eligible to submit. The project must be under construction or development and has gone to lease or plan to go to lease by June 2023.
Other restrictions apply – see eligibility page for further details.
The 2023 OHBA AoD Program is excited to announce 6 new categories:
- 13 – Low Rise Green Building (1-3 Storeys)
- 14 – High or Mid-Rise Green Building (4+ Storeys)
- 24 – Low Rise Amenity
- 29 – Website – Corporate
- 46 – OHBA Service Professional of the Year
- 20, 21 – “New Home Kitchen” – This category has been updated to include production-built and custom projects.
- 23 – “New Home Bathroom” – This category has been updated to include production-built and custom projects.
- 25 – “High or Mid-Rise Amenity” – This category was previously named “Amenities,” and is now specified by building size.
- 30 – “Website – Project Specific” – This category was previously named “Website,” and now states “Project Specific.” A new category has been added for corporate websites.
- 33 – “Low-Rise Project Branding and Identity” – This category was previously named “Low Rise Project Logo Branding,” and now includes additional requirements for brand identity.
- 34 – “High or Mid-Rise Project Branding and Identity” – This category was previously named “High or Mid-Rise Project Logo Branding,” and now includes additional requirements for brand identity.
- 37 – “Design / Décor Centre” – This category has been updated to include project-specific, corporate showrooms and independent design centres.
- 48 + 49 – “OHBA Builder of the Year” – This category has been divided into two categories, one representing small-volume builders (35 units or less) and one representing large-volume builders (36 units or more). Volume is based on a previous 3-year completion average.
People’s Choice Award Format
The coveted People’s Choice Award will resume online pre-voting prior to the virtual event day.
We heard your feedback and want to ensure we give everyone the opportunity to show support for the 2021 People’s Choice finalists. Voting will open Early-October.
New This Year! Architectural designers, interior specialists, and marketing agencies will be eligible to submit in partnership with a builder/developer/renovator, in specified categories.
All parties must be members of OHBA in good standing. Each party must agree to sharing equal representation by providing contact information for all parties. All partnerships will be verified by OHBA.
In the case that the submission becomes a finalist or winner, the builder/developer/renovators name will appear first, followed by partners in alpha order.
One trophy will be awarded, and additional trophies can be ordered after the awards.
Architectural Designers – Architectural Design (1-12)
Interior Specialists – Renovation (13-17), Room Design (18-22), On Site Sales Presentation (31-35)
Marketing Agencies – Image & Advertising (23-30), On Site Sales Presentation (36-37)
Architectural Designers – An Architect or Architectural Technologist, who is a member of the Ontario Association of Architects.
Interior Specialist – A individual or company, who uses the art and science of understanding people’s behaviour to create functional and aesthetically pleasing spaces within a building. This includes services from spatial planning and design, to decor, finishings and furnishings.
Marketing Agencies – A company who provides a broad range of services to help implement an integrated marketing strategy for your brand goals. These services help communicate, analyze, brand, and promote your products and services through creative and tangible solutions.
New Category! – Amenities
The amenities race is still going strong and developers are finding new ways to delight residents beyond standard clubhouses and fitness centers. Submissions for this category will represent bold thinking in amenities, adding value to the community.
This award recognizes the best single amenity within a multi-unit residential building by an OHBA builder member.
- “Renovation” has been updated to “Renovation (Home or Condo).”
- Home Renovation – Judging criteria has been updated to reflect “Uniqueness of Design” without specifying location (Interior / Exterior).
- Model Home / Suite – Judging criteria has been updated to reflect “Uniqueness of Design” without specifying location (Interior / Exterior).
- Low & Mid/High Rise Ad Campaign – Judging criteria has been updated to include both “Creativity” and “Content (via upload)” to align with all categories in this grouping.
- Low & Mid/High Rise Logo Branding – Judging criteria has been updated to include both “Creativity” and “Content (via upload)” to align with all categories in this grouping.
- Design / Décor Centre – Additional written question has been added to better understand the target market when designing the décor center.
All general categories will now have a limit of 200 words per question.
All prestige categories will now have a limit of 250 words per question.
Point form is accepted.
Submitters are currently permitted to submit multiple entries for the same project into a category, so long as the models are different.
New This Year – Submitters are eligible to submit multiple entries for the same project and model, in specified categories, so long as they hold key differentiating factors:
- Low Rise Project Video
- High or Mid-Rise Project Video
When submitting more than one submission for the same project/model, with distinguishing features, please sub-title to define the differentiating factors.
Submitters now have the ability to re-order their photo uploads before submitting. Simply click “re-order photos” to drag and drop them into the order you would like them to appear.
Please note that when applying for Project of the Year, and if selected for People’s Choice, the first photo in the submission will be used for voting.
OHBA reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not observe the requirements.
If an entry is deemed ineligible by OHBA prior to judging, the fee with be returned to the entrant, minus a $50 administration fee per entry.